European Chemistry Congresses are the most relevant events for the European Chemistry community. Chemists from all parts of Europe, come together to present and discuss the latest achievements in cutting edge chemical sciences. There is no other occasion where chemists from different countries, all areas of chemistry and various professional backgrounds can converge in one place.
EuCheMS congresses are unique fora to foster transnational exchange and collaboration, to encourage dialogue between the different branches of chemistry, to bring academia, industry and decision makers together and to emphasize the impact of chemistry and chemical research in our society. Special attention is given to all activities which help promote careers of young scientists.
A high level Scientific Committee and a strongly committed Organising Committee ensure the highest possible quality of each congress. The scientific contributions include 8 plenary lectures offered by top class world scientists and Nobel Laureates, over 100 invited speakers and around 2.000 scientific communications which conform a geographically and thematically balanced program of exciting cutting edge chemistry.
Since the first EuCheMS congress in 2006, this biennial “family gathering” of European Chemist has been successfully organised in five editions: The next congresses to be celebrated in 2016 and 2018 are already programed for Spain and the UK respectively.
- 1st EuCheMS, 27th -31st August 2006, Budapest, Hungary
- 2nd EuCheMS, 16th -20th September 2008, Torino, Italy
- 3rd EuCheMS, 29th August – 2nd September 2010, Nuremberg, Germany
- 4th EuCheMS, 26th August – 30th August 2012, Prague, Czech Republic
- 5th EuCheMS, 30th August-4th September 2014, Istanbul, Turkey
- 6th EuCheMS, 11th -15th September 2016, Seville, Spain
- 7th EuCheMS, 26th -30th August 2018, Liverpool, United Kingdom